Exiscan Viewing Window
- 1.00 LBS
- Minimum Purchase:
- 12 units
- Calculated at Checkout
XVW Viewing Windows - Safer Visual Inspections
XVW Window Opening energized electrical equipment is forbidden, with few exceptions, by electrical safety standards like NFPA 70E and CSA Z462. When open-panel work is permitted, workers must utilize restrictive work practices and PPE.
Exiscan™ XV series inspection windows are an easy way to enable closed-panel visual access in compliance with the standards.
The resulting work process is far safer, more efficient and de-risked.
Use Exiscan™ Visual Inspection Windows to allow operators, electricians and engineers the ability to:
Inspect for indications of equipment conditions
View critical meters or indicators
Take digital images of components for work orders
Verify full disengagement of blades when deenergizing
Establishing an Electrically Safe Work Condition
One of the steps to "achieving an electrically safe work condition," per NFPA 70E-2012 Article 120.1(3), states: “whenever possible, visually verify that all blades of the disconnecting devices are fully open…” A similar clause appears in the Canadian CSA Z462 standard. The Exiscan™ XV Inspection Windows provide visibility to workers to perform such a check prior to opening equipment.
[A] Visual Inspection Window
- Viewing window provides broad field of view inside the enclosure, even across phase dividers.
- Impact-resistant polycarbonate: the durability and resilience you expect from Exiscan.
- Scratch-Off™ protection inside & out: peel scratches and hazing off the viewing window for a clear, accurate view with Exiscan’s patent pending, multi-layer tear-away system.
- UV stabilized, oil resistant.
[B] Window Body
- 12 gauge stainless steel backer plate, finger guard, hardware and fasteners.
- Window frames machined from bar stock aluminum — Mil-Spec anodized.
Other Structural Features:
- Stainless steel reinforcing plate (inside the enclosure) ensures a tight, flat seal in the event of blast forces.
- Stainless steel studs with Nyloc nuts ground and anchor the window into virtually any enclosure.
- Gaskets between the cover and body, and between the body and enclosure provide a NEMA 4X seal for indoor and outdoor use.
***MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY OF 12***