Exiscan Dual View IR and Visual Inspection Window
- 8.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
2 Inspection, 1 Window
The XDV series is a “Dual-View” inspection window that combines a 4 inch by 4 inch infrared (IR) window, with a 1.7 inch by 4 inch visual inspection window.
Dual-View format allows technicians to take IR scans and digital photos through the same window while de-risking their predictive maintenance work process.
Compliance Made Easy & Quick
Easily comply with OSHA, NFPA 70E, CSA Z462 and similar electrical safety mandates by using closed-panel inspection methods. Infrared (IR) Windows and Visual Inspection Windows allow workers to perform IR and visual inspections while keeping energized electrical equipment closed, and in “normal operating condition.” Closed-panel inspections eliminate inherently high risk tasks, such as removing panels or opening hinged doors. The resulting work task is safer for personnel, plant assets and processes. The more efficient work process can also reduce inspection costs by 75% to 95%, while improving worker safety.
Access the Inaccessible:
How does your facility inspect equipment that can no longer be opened while energized due to that equipment’s voltage or incident energy rating? How does your facility inspect equipment protected by switched interlocks? Inspection windows provide safe access to “inaccessible” energized equipment.
Over-Engineered for Your Safety
The XDV is built to out-live your enclosure. You have to see it to believe it. Our window body and cover are machined from half-inch bar stock aluminum. All other components are stainless steel. When it comes to durability and brute strength, ExiscanTM is without peers.
Analyze Better Data:
Because using inspection windows does not increase risk of electrical hazards, inspections can be performed during peak load, when data collection is ideal, without worry of accidental process interruption.
XDV Window Anatomy
[A]XDV Anatomy DrawingVisual Inspection Window
- 1.7”x 4” viewing window provides broad field of view inside the enclosure.
- Impact-resistant poly-carbonate: the durability and resilience you expect from ExiscanTM.
- Scratch-Off™ protection inside & out: peel scratches and hazing off the viewing window for a clear, accurate view with Exiscan’s™ patent pending, multi-layer tear-away system.
- UV stabilized, oil resistant.
[B]Infrared (IR) Window
- Square, 4"x4" IR window optic provides best in class field of view without cropping issues.
- Impact-resistant optic for unsurpassed durability.
- Finger guard allows user to place camera lens next to window optic to maximize field of view.
- Polymer optic is inherently resistant to moisture, humidity, broad spectrum of acids and alkalis for longevity and stable transmission.
- Transmission throughout the entire long wave and mid wave spectra for accurate temperate and ΔT calculations.
[C]Window Body & Cover
- Machined from 1/2" aluminum bar stock for unmatched resilience (stainless steel available).
- Treated with Mil Spec anodizing process and then powder coated for "belt and suspenders" protection against industrial environments.
- Cover mounted on stainless steel hinges for ease of use and captivated component.
- 1/4-28, stainless steel, spring loaded, captive screws for a safe, secure seal.
- Cover available in full or partial (IR only).
Other Structural Features:
- Stainless steel reinforcing plate (inside the enclosure) ensures a tight, flat seal in the event of blast forces.
- Stainless steel studs with Nyloc nuts ground and anchor the window into virtually any enclosure.
- Gaskets between the cover and body, and between the body and enclosure provide a NEMA 4X seal for indoor and outdoor use.
Quick & Easy Installation
XDV Dual-View IR Windows require a one-time modification to the enclosure. Using a knock-out punch or saw, a qualified person simply cuts a 4"x 6.7" opening and drills 10 pilot holes in the panel or door. Properly equipped, a team of two technicians can install five to eight windows an hour.
Installation Instructions and Templates:
Installation instructions and a template sticker are included with each window shipped. View installation instructions, templates and mounting drawings here.
View recommendations for installation tools here.